Re: Gubment Bombmaker's Cookbook

>    TM 31-210 Dept. of the Army Technical Manual
>    Improvised Munitions Handbook
>    published 1969
>
> It contains chemical recipes for about a dozen explosive
> materials (both primary and secondary explosives) from
> easily obtainable ingredients, along with designs for
> fusing devices and explosive booby-traps.

I also have a copy of this.

> I have never tried any of these (to paraphrase Shel Silverstein,
> my eyes still see, my hair's unburned, and my fingers are still
> on my hands -- and I'd like to keep it that way), but my knowlege
> of chemistry and engineering convinces me that they all work.

I have.  Pretty effective stuff, although I don't think it mentions
the old "ammonium nitrate + motor oil" standby.  ;)

> The book contains the disclaimer "For official use only" on
> nearly every page.  It is, however, widely available at gun
> shows, which is where I got mine.

I got mine at the Dallas Gun Show several years ago, along with "Survival,
Evasion, and Escape".

> I'll not reproduce any recipes here, but if the defence
> attornies for the gentleman in Hartford contact me and can
> prove who they are, I will be happy to share any info with
> them.

I don't see why not - after all, alt.pyrotechnics has a lot of discussion
of this sort of thing...
--
Ed Carp				[email protected]			510/659-9560

If you want magic, let go of your armor.  Magic is so much stronger than
steel!        -- Richard Bach, "The Bridge Across Forever"