Re: SAN FRANCISCO EDITORIAL

In article <[email protected]> [email protected] (Sandy Sandfort) writes:
>~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>
>C'punks,
>
>Here is a guest editorial that ran in Monday's SF Chronicle.  It
>should make your blood boil.

Is anyone going to write rebuttals?  Would the SF Chronicle print them?  As
I read this, I only saw the following propaganda:

>             ANARCHY, CHAOS ON THE INTERNET MUST END

in Cyberspace, there is not much order. It is governed by no one.
... being left to the equivalent of mob rule.
the need for firm direction is all too obvious.
... unregulated broadcasting ..., sexual harassment, profanity, defamation,
forgery and fraud ... secretiveness is why abuse is easy.
problems are further exacerbated by Anonymous Server, which launders
computer messages, like money is laundered.
... difficulties in commercialization.
turf war rages between factions ...
attacks on business people ... vandalism, persist uncontrolled.
Worst of all are the ``canceller robots,'' ... the communications
the hackers wish to silence.
vigilantes routinely challenge free speech unabated ...
access providers, assume the role of censors, arbitrarily
closing accounts of those whom they disapprove.
one obvious way to bring much needed order, is through diplomacy.
The United States should lead in this.
... urge the Finnish government to deactivate the Anonymous Server.
establish a standard of recognizing laws existing at the point of
origin as controlling the message sender.
When conflicts arise, governmental diplomacy should again be the answer,
just as it is with other trade and communications issues.  Next, laws
already regulating behavior in the real world should be applied in
Cyberspace.  The Supreme Court should act ...  stating that crime is
crime, even when the criminal instrument is a computer keyboard.
legislation should be passed making access providers common carriers.
This will get them and under the guiding hand of the FCC ...
People need safety and order in Cyberspace just as they do in their homes
and on the streets.
The current state makes it clear that anarchy isn't working.
If governments don't bring order, chaos may soon dictate.

!@&^%&^!%@&$^%&^@%$&^!@$  I wish I could write worth beans.  I have never
been publish in any newspaper, anywhere.  They never like my rebuttals.  I
guess I get too rabid when I write.

| #include "std/disclaimer.h"     Michael P. Brininstool |
| [email protected]      OR      [email protected] |