Re: Four Horsemen

Ken Kirksey wrote:

> Just a quick question:  someone asked me the other day what the "Four
> Horsemen of the Infocalypse" were, and I told him
>
>   1) Drug Dealers
>   2) Terrorists
>   3) Pedophiles
>   4) Pornographers
>
> Did I get it right, or did I have a synaptic misfire somewhere along
> the line?

I usually just lump pedophiles and child pornographers together and
don't separately mention "normal" pornographers, as there's not much
on-line that competes with "Hustler." (The AA case, though, makes
conventional pornography a Horseman.)

Usually I also cite "money launderers" as the Fourth Horseman. This
lumps in tax evaders, etc.

But, now that we know what the Four Horsemen are, what's in the Seven
Vials? And since the British spelling and pronunciation is "phial,"
which sounds like "file" (but which has a different root: vial vs.
filum), we could call these the "seven files."

(Not to be confused with the "seventh veil.")

--Tim May

[email protected]       | anonymous networks, digital pseudonyms, zero
                       | knowledge, reputations, information markets,
Cypherpunks list: [email protected] with body message of only:
subscribe cypherpunks. FAQ available at ftp.netcom.com in pub/tc/tcmay