Re: Not necessarily crypto but scary anyway...

> On Wed, 8 Feb 1995, root wrote:
>
> > Hi all,
> >
> > A friend advises me that today House Bill 666 passed. This supposedly would
> > allow police officers to use evidence collected illegaly if they 'believed'
> > that it was collected in good faith.
>
> This sounds like a spoof.  Look at the number.

I heard yesterday that someone in the House of Representatives proposed an
amendment to the new crime bill which was soundly defeated it. Turns out the
Amendment was worded exactly as the Fourht Amendment in the Bill 'o Rights.
Apparently many a congressman/woman has egg on their face...

> Ben.

Rob