Re: ref on crypto formalism

Pierre writes:
> I'm pretty sure I saw somewhere a companion paper titled something
> like "An algebra of authentication"... hmmm  maybe even in CACM...
> [...15 minutes later...] Unfortunately some of my CACMs are in hiding
> and not properly indexed... It was work done at DEC SRC in Palo Alto,
> there must be some research reports too.
>
> If somebody has refs for any of these, it would be great if you'd
> post them.

http://ftp.digital.com/pub/DEC/SRC/research-reports/abstracts/src-rr-039.html
SRC Research Report 39	A Logic of Authentication
Michael Burrows, Martin Abadi, and Roger Needham
February 28, 1989	48 pages

http://ftp.digital.com/pub/DEC/SRC/research-reports/abstracts/src-rr-070.html
SRC Research Report 70	A Calculus for Access Control in Distributed Systems
M. Abadi, M. Burrows, B. Lampson, G. Plotkin
March 4, 1991	52 pages

http://ftp.digital.com/pub/DEC/SRC/research-reports/abstracts/src-rr-083.html
SRC Research Report 83	Authentication in Distributed Systems: Theory and
			Practice
Butler Lampson, Martin Abadi, Michael Burrows, Edward Wobber
February 4, 1992

http://ftp.digital.com/pub/DEC/SRC/research-reports/abstracts/src-rr-117.html
SRC Research Report 117	Authentication in the Taos Operating System
Edward Wobber, Martin Abadi, Mike Burrows, and Butler Lampson
December 10, 1993	38 pages