Netscape 2.0 beta

 Well, it's not mentioned on their home page yet, but I went to their ftp
site and I found that Netscape 2.0 beta was up there. For those wishing
to get their hands on Java, they don't support Java on the Mac or
Linux/NetBSD/BSDI platforms yet. Only Win95/NT, IRIX, and Solaris/SunoS
are supported for Java. I knew it was too good to be true for them to have
ported Java to so many platforms so quickly.

  The good news is that someone finally, after years, has implemented
Progressive JPEG (I've been yelling about it for a while myself), and
it is simply *light years* better than interlaced GIFs.

-Ray