Re: Elementrix POTP

> [email protected] (Jim Ray) writes:
> Sorry to continue "beating a dead horse" here, but I forwarded a few
> C-punks' messages regarding the Elementrix "Power One-Time Pad" to
> this person, and I thought you might be interested in her (somewhat
> cryptic <g>) response.

Actually, no, and I'll tell you why.  My only interest in this product
is that you're flogging it as a one time pad, and just calling something
a one time pad doesn't make it so.  From all that's been exposed so far,
it looks like it doesn't match the standard definition of a one time pad
in standard cryptologic works.  Maybe it's something <like> it, and maybe
not -- but if they're saying it <is> a one time pad they should be
prepared to prove it.  Reading their warmed-over press releases doesn't
interest me at all.

Except for one thing, i.e. this line from the last blather:

>The encryption is not done by using an encryption algorithm.

'Nuff said for now, I think.

	Jim Gillogly
	Mersday, 20 Winterfilth S.R. 1995, 17:05