Re: BoS: Re: Netscape & Fortessa

On Wed, 11 Oct 1995, Anonymous wrote:

> Netscape to Offer Fortezza Cryptographic Capability for
> Its Software Products
>
> Underscores Company's Commitment to US Government Market

<... snip ...>

> Support for Fortezza has been added to Netscape's Secure
> Sockets Layer (SSL) open protocol.  SSL provides a
                      ^^^^

I wonder how open a protocol is when one company proposes it, changes it at
will, and makes what looks like a token effort for acceptance for peer review
through mechanisms currently in place?

scott barman
--
scott barman                  DISCLAIMER: I speak to anyone who will listen,
[email protected]                      and I speak only for myself.