[noise] Re: Identity database, another attempt...

On Fri, 13 Oct 1995, Roy M. Silvernail wrote:

> Have you flown recently?  They now ask you this scripted question about
> whether you have been approached by anyone you don't know since arriving
> at the airport, and warn you not to accept anything from a stranger or
> leave your carry-on baggage unattended until you board the plane.  The
> ticket agent told me it was a "new FAA regulation".  I hadn't flown
> anywhere for a few years.  Anyone know how long this has been happening?

This probably dates back to the time when a palestinian group tried to
blow up an El Al flight from London by persauding the pregnant Irish
girlfriend of one to carry a package for a friend. Flights from London
have had the spiel ever since. El Al still does the best pre-flight
screening (much more detailed questioning, and the security staff
actually listen to the answers.

Simon
----
(defun modexpt (x y n)  "computes (x^y) mod n"
  (cond ((= y 0) 1)   ((= y 1) (mod x n))
	((evenp y) (mod (expt (modexpt x (/ y 2) n) 2) n))
	(t (mod (* x (modexpt x (1- y) n)) n))))