[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Automatic File Wipe Utils for Win95?
- To: [email protected]
- Subject: Automatic File Wipe Utils for Win95?
- From: Richard Charles Graves <[email protected]>
- Date: Fri, 20 Oct 1995 15:22:19 -0700
- Newsgroups: comp.os.ms-windows.win95.setup,comp.os.msdos.misc,comp.os.ms-windows.win95.misc,alt.security,comp.security.misc
- Organization: Stanford University, CA 94305, USA
- Sender: [email protected]
Prescript: No, I am not affiliated with any government agency in any way.
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
A government agency is looking for something to ensure that files copied
from a Windows 95 machine do not contain any data from unused space on the
hard drive. I'm curious too.
Perhaps a command.com hack that zeroes out any bits outside the actual
file? The problem is that existing utilities do not work because Win95
disables direct disk access to preserve VFAT. A delete utility is not
sufficient, because they are also worried about temporary files created by
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----