Re: alt.anonymous.messages considered harmful

> >Specifically, if HTTP transactions with
> >a popular web server were routinely encrypted, then all reasonably long
> >visits to that site would act as cover traffic for a message pool on that
> >server.
>
> Qua?  The "length" of the visit is just the time to download a document.
> Leaving a page in the browser window doesn't generate traffic...

You're absolutely right. I wasn't thinking sensibly about HTTP.  I wanted to
make an argument about the time it would take to search the pool and serve a
results page. But upon reflection, I don't think that even holds up under my
HTTP delusions of yesterday, let alone a realistic view. Please ignore the
"reasonably long" part of my previous statement. Thanks for pointing that out.

-Futplex <[email protected]>