Re:ETH_ic?

Nb5s $bp2s writes,

>>      ...the case has killed the hacker ethic. "If I saw someone
>>      on the Internet with a security weakness, at this point
>>      I would be reluctant to act the Good Samaritan and
>>      report it," said Jeffrey Kegler, an independent software
>>      consultant in Sunnyvale Calif. "If I saw weakness in
>>      Intel's machine, I'd keep it to myself."

If I saw a weakness in Intel's machine I would happily inform the company
in the safest way possible: posting it to Cypherpunks,
alt.destroy.microsoft, comp.sys.intel and any other appropriate newsgroup,
via anonymous server. I'm sure the information would wind up in the correct
hands _eventually_.

Not that I'm suggesting anything, of course.

|^^^^^^Please don't add "*@aol.com" to your twit filter. Thank you.^^^^^^|
|          [email protected]          |   "Give them a light and they'll    |
|          [email protected]         <*>       follow it anywhere!"         |
| http://www.teleport.com/~mklprc/ |               -- Firesign Theater   |
|   No Microsoft products were used in the production of this message.   |
\----smuggle FSF terrorist BATF (fnord) FBI nuclear Saddam PGP Clinton---/