Alta Vista, Great Stuff!

Hey, I saw a message on the list about personal mail
showing up in an A.V. search, and figured why not try
it out and see what comes up under one of my nyms...

Lo and behold, my nym corresponds with the title of a
popular comic strip and an episode in a bad TV show...

Crypto related?

Imagine your nym is related to something common-place at
the time of posting.  Even though you may be well known
under that nym, simple searches for that name will turn up
loads of crapola, or at least some light entertainment
for someone searching for oyur past posts.

(It can also turn some unsuspecting people looking for the
crapola onto your interests...)

Yes, I know that sophisticated search engines and simple
expressions can filter out most of the unwanted junk, but
not all of it.  Likewise filtering will let some of your
posts fall through the web-crawler-cracks.