Re: private key encryption program for you to hack at

[email protected] (Jack Mott) wrote:

> Ok, I have been working on this for a while, and I wanted to let you
> guys have a go at it. I wrote a private key encryption program that I
> think should be hard to break, I will provide you with the EXE (MS DOS)
> file, some ciphertext, AND a big chunk of plaintext. The key is not
> ridiculously large, but it won't be anything obvious so don't bother
> brute forcing.
>         To encrypt, the program read in some system/time specific info,
> uses it to encrypt the file along with the key.  It then write the
> system/time specific info to the end of the file encrypted with the key.
> I THINK that the only weaknesses should be predicitability of the
> system/time info, or possibly finding patterns in the encrypted values.
>  I dont want to give out any source code yet, but it anyone wants some
> pieces of it just ask. crackme.zip file with paradox.exe, cipher.txt,
> and plain.txt

Look, newbie, there are many people here who would be happy to review your
algorithm, but playing silly games like you are doing isn't going to win
you any points.  Most of the people on this list don't even use messydos,
so an exe file without source is kinda pointless.  If you're serious about
writing a secure crypto application, then stop giving us the runaround and
get to the point.  That means either post source code, or a thorough
technical description of your algorithm.