Re: US versions of Netscape now available

At 11:35 AM 7/17/96 -0700, Yap Remailer wrote:

>Have you heard any reports of anyone successfully downloading it
>period?  Netscape always times out in the middle of a download.  I
>think the server is so overloaded that it's actually impossible to
>download the software.

Yep.  Got it just after the announcement.  Came through fine.  (After that,
i could not get it to download anything, but the first try worked fine.)

Sounde like it is overloaded.  (Of course, since it is mentioned on their
homepage and they only have one machine serving it, what do you expect?)

>I sure wish there were an ftp site overseas somewhere, then I could
>actually get the damned thing.

Give it a week and i am sure that someone will have it available.  Something
announced this far and wide will manage to leak out somewhere...

---
Alan Olsen -- [email protected] -- Contract Web Design & Instruction
        `finger -l [email protected]` for PGP 2.6.2 key
                http://www.teleport.com/~alano/
  "We had to destroy the Internet in order to save it." - Sen. Exon
                "Microsoft -- Nothing but NT promises."