Re: More evidence that democracy is bunk

Lucky Green wrote:

> At 3:11 8/2/96, Deranged Mutant wrote:
>
> >If they were asked if they minded random searches of their bags and
> >belongings or required to carry photo-ID wherever they went, to be
> >presented on demand, would they still be willing?

> You bet. I remember a war on drugs releated poll from a few years
> back in which a majority supported warrantless searches of their homes.

RAW was fond of pointing out that in spite of the current love of
democratic government, free societies are actually infrequent and
short-lived blips on the historical landscape.

Something about basic human nature and "all you have to do is rock
the boat a little and the people will beg the government to take their
rights away."

Since the government is usually in the best position to do any
necessary cage-rattling, perpetual freedom is an illusory concept.

     [email protected]     $    via Finger.                      $