Re: More evidence that democracy is bunk

Lucky Green writes:

>At 3:11 8/2/96, Deranged Mutant wrote:
>
>>If they were asked if they minded random searches of their bags and
>>belongings or required to carry photo-ID wherever they went, to be
>>presented on demand, would they still be willing?
>
>You bet. I remember a war on drugs releated poll from a few years back in
>which a majority supported warrantless searches of their homes.

At last month's SAFE (crypto policy) conference, one of the
legislators mentioned that someone snuck the text of the
Fourth Amendment into the crime bill, and it was voted down
in committee.

(It would be nice to dig this out of a transcript, so it doesn't
become an urban legand.)

Martin Minow
[email protected]