[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Bob Dole on Drugs
On Sun, 1 Sep 1996 11:33:02 -0500 (CDT), Igor Chudov @ home wrote:
>... snip ...
> Dole, who returned to Washington for Labor Day
> weekend, also pledged to use the White House as a
> bully pulpit to promote the "moral message"
> against drugs and to criticize what he called the
> entertainment industry's glamorization of drug use.
> On Sunday, he is to address the convention of the
> National Guard Association of the United States
> during which he's expected to propose that the
> military be enlisted to assist in a renewed war on
This actually makes a lot of sense; if you've decided on an all-out war on
drugs, doing it right is *much* better than some sort of weenie effort like
we've got. I liked Robert Heinlein on immigration "If we're going to stop
immigration build a Berlin style wall complete with alligators in the moat.
Otherwise give up the pretense; nothing is more expensive or less useful than a
wall that isn't." (very loosely paraphrased)
- "'Anonymity is bad,' says a source who wishes to remain anonymous." - Nuff' said.
* Home: Chris Adams <[email protected]> | http://www.io-online.com/adamsc/adamsc.htp
* Autoresponder: send email w/subject of "send resume" or "send PGPKEY"
* Work: [email protected] | V.M. (619)515-4894 | (619)689-6579
* Member in good standing of the GNU whirled hors d'oeuvre