Re: AP [was: Re: Kiddie porn on the Internet] [NOISE]

At 07:24 AM 9/24/96 -0700, Dale Thorn wrote:
>Lessee if I have this right, now.  We have basically three scenarios:
>
>1. Allow the status quo to continue (the justice system scam now run by
>   Janet Reno/Louis Freeh types et al.
>2. Allow the people some democracy in applying justice through AP.
>3. Sometime in the future, build the Gort(?) robots, as in The Day The
>   Earth Stood Still, and let them do the job.
>
>Whatcha think?

That's about it.  I long ago noticed the similarity between AP and the
fictional Gort.

Problem is, Gort would have to be programmed. How would you write such a
program?  Governments would want their hand in it.  They'd insist on
"government exceptions" to rules, like:   "All violence is forbiddden!
(except for violence by duly authorized government employees!)"

Not very practical.

Jim Bell
[email protected]