Re: Private Information Retrieval

At  6:11 PM 9/25/96 -0400, [email protected] wrote:
>Did you know this company is using your email address as part of
>an unlawful email bomb?

As part of helping you get a clue about how the net works, I offer you the
following information:

You have been subscribed to a long-standing Internet mailing list.  Mailing
lists are also called a mail exploders because any mail sent to them is
resent to all the subscribers.  You should have gotten instructions on
unsubscribing when you were subscribed.  If you have lost them, Tim May has
kindly given you and others in your situation some useful hints:

>Send the correct word to the correct address, stated often here, and you
>will be unsubscribed.
>
>--Tim May
>

>(Hint: [email protected], with message body of "unsubscribe cypherpunks"
>(no quotes))

Note that this is not a mail bomb attack.  Each message is different and
there are only about 100 of them of a normal day.

Bill Frantz       | "Cave softly, cave safely, | Periwinkle -- Consulting
(408)356-8506     | and cave with duct tape."  | 16345 Englewood Ave.
[email protected] |           - Marianne Russo | Los Gatos, CA 95032, USA