Re: IMDMP 8192 PKCS and IMDMP Summary

On Sat, 11 Jan 1997 [email protected] wrote:

> Hi,
>
> You have probably read a few of my past messages about UDCM and IMDMP.

Unfortunately.
> include a public key cryptosystem. However, on March 1st, 1997, new versions
> of UDCM and IMDMP will be released that do support the public key
> cryptosystem method.

I hope your not violating any patents.  (Hint hint).

> There are a few major mistakes in a couple of my previous delegated messages.
> An end-user application that supports IMDMP will not be released until March
> 1st, 1997.

Why are you babbling to us now then?

> methods are not too comparable to PKCS methods. What I was referring to when
> I said IMDMP is more advanced than RSA, etc. is the actual encryption
> procedure itself, not the way keys are secured.

Uh, that doesn't help.  You still have no proof for this claim either.

> Again, irrashional claims
        ^^^^^^^^^^^

Oh boy.

> were not intended at all. The amount of analytical research invested in IMDMP
> was thought to be sufficient.

One expects more from a company asking for investors to the tune of 1.5
million.

> By the way, has anyone out there even tried using UDCM to encrypt a file or
> two?

Want to pay me to betatest?

> AND-ing algorithm without trying it first. I find it extremely hard to
> believe that the celebrated creator(s) of Blowfish, IDEA, etc. had to go
> through all of this ritualistic screening complexity too. (Please do correct
> me if I am wrong.)

Consider ourself corrected.  IDEA and Blowfish have been extensively
hashed through.  Flaws, most small and correctable, were revealed in that
process too.  (I believe one Blowfish implementation had more serious
problems which were exposed by this "ritualistic screening."

It's the only way to make cryptosystems secure.  Deal with it or find
another profession.  (Or simply sell it to people who have no clue about
the product).

> (For the record: DataET Research's promotional agent has been fired.)

Gosh, who's left working at the company now?

> Questions, queries, or comments ("gulp")? E-Mail: [email protected],
> [email protected], or [email protected]. Note: From now on, any
> messages to DataET Research that do not contain the text "NO FLAME" somewhere
> in the subject heading will be ignored completely. If a message is a indeed
> flame, the associated server's administrator will be contacted, and a
> complaint will be filed accordingly.

I don't expect you will see many messages.

--
Forward complaints to : European Association of Envelope Manufactures
Finger for Public Key   Gutenbergstrasse 21;Postfach;CH-3001;Bern