(1048129di) Questions, Round Thirteen, The Dilbert Trivia Game

* * * * * * Consultants Wanted * * * * * * *
We want to fill up as many binders with as
much information as possible, so we're asking
Dilbert Trivia Game players to do the Yoyodyne
Survey. What's in it for you? Prizes. We'll be
randomly awarding stuff to people who do this:
http://www.yoyo.com/dilbert/survey.html

This memo is to announce that Round Thirteen of The Dilbert
Trivia Game has now been implemented. Please file this memo
in the appropriate binder, in triplicate. The distribution
of cool, official Dilbert prizes is at stake here.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Need a Way Out?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
If you'd rather write your own performance review than keep
playing this game, please visit Yoyodyne's new Customer
Service Center at http://www.yoyo.com/service, where your
request can be fulfilled automatically. Want to quit all
Yoyodyne games? The Customer Service Center can do that too.
Just like that.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This Week's Questions
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Question One
~~~~~~~~~~~~
In a meeting with the boss, as captured forever in the pages
of "Dogbert's Top-Secret Management Handbook" ("DTSMH"),
Dilbert is told to add a sentence to his report saying that
micro-robotics is a dead-end technology. When he answers
that the statement would make the whole report a confusing
and senseless waste of time, the boss says:

A -- That's okay. We just won't let anybody else see it.

B -- That's part of our strategy.

C -- And your point is what?

Question Two
~~~~~~~~~~~~
Discussing the quality assurance process with Ratbert (as
transcribed in a strip in "DTSMH"), the boss accuses him of
finding a huge number of flaws in the prototype,
jeopardizing the schedule. The possible results, according
to the boss, are:

A -- Mass layoffs will result.

B -- The entire project will fail and it's all your fault.

C -- This could be the end of civilization as we know it.

Question Three
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Waxing rhapsodic over the advantages of using temporary
workers (as noted in a strip in "DTSMH"), the boss says:

A -- I just love hiring these temporary workers.

B -- No employee benefits...no union...just throw 'em in
the Dumpster when you're done with 'em.

C -- Both A and B.

Question Four
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Asking the boss to delay the beta trial of a product until
it stops exploding, Dilbert is met with resistance, as
evidenced by this strip in "DTSMH":

A -- You engineers are such pessimists. Just once, try to
focus on the positive aspects of the trial.

B -- Is that a bad thing?

C -- Could we call that a feature?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Productivity Tip
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dogbert absolutely, positively must receive your answers at
[email protected] before the deadline of 5/11/97 11:00:00 PM
Eastern Time or you'll be replaced by a consultant. So give
yourself enough time for the mail to get here.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Incentive Plan Update
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Every correct answer earns you an entry into the weekly,
quarterly, and annual prize drawings. And even wrong answers
count toward the drawing for the annual attendance prize.
(No sick days or vacation days if you want to win that one.)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
How to Answer the Questions
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
First off, your player ID -- the letters and numbers in
parentheses on the Subject line when you get your questions
-- has to be on that same old Subject line when you send
your answers. It looks like this example: (123456di)

Most mailers will set this up automatically when you use the
"Reply" button. If yours won't, then copy the Subject line
from the Question message and paste it into the Subject line
of your reply.

Next comes setting up your answers. Start by picking the
LETTER of the multiple-choice answer you like best. Say the
answer to a question is this:

A -- A coffee cup with a slogan is your answer to the
productivity crisis?

Your answer would be the letter A, preceded by a single pound
sign # -- like so: #A

One more thing: Each answer goes on its own line, please.
Thanks.

To review: Start by opening the original e-mail with the
questions, click the "Reply" button, type your answers in
the order in which they were asked, on separate lines, and
put one of these thingies # in front of each one.

There's more about the formatting stuff in the How
to Play document, which you can get by sending e-mail to
[email protected].

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The Fine Print
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
*FLAMES*FAN MAIL*FEEDBACK*

Please send everything like that off to Laurie, the Quality
Obsessed Customer Service Rep for the game. Her address is
[email protected] (she lives under the copying machine, in a
little nest there, right next to Ratbert).

Laurie will forward any game feedback to Scott, in neatly
tied daily bundles. Scott prefers it this way -- he told us
so. Letting Laurie solve your problems will allow Scott to
focus on drawing more great comics for us to enjoy.

* Official Notice About the Vagaries of E-mail *

As you've doubtless discovered if you've used e-mail even
once, it usually gets where it's going when it's supposed
to, BUT sometimes the e-mail gods divert your message to
Elbonia. If your answers to the game questions land in our
system after the deadline or fail to make it to us
altogether, we can't count them. We send out a message
listing the correct answers right after the deadline. The
Internet *should* work on time all the time, but it doesn't.
The best thing you can do is send in your answers well in
advance of the deadline.

* Player ID *

Your player ID is the collection of digits and letters,
enclosed in parentheses, on the Subject line of every
question e-mail you receive in this game. It looks like this
example: (123456di). We need to have your player ID in every
communication to Yoyodyne. Most mailers will set this up
automatically when you use the "Reply" button. If yours
won't, then copy over the Subject line from the Question
message and paste it into the Subject line of your reply.

* More Info *

For more information about The Dilbert Trivia Game, send
e-mail to these addresses:

  Quality of Life Issues: [email protected]
  How to Play: [email protected]
  Game FAQ: [email protected]
  The Official Rules: [email protected]
  Web site: http://www.yoyo.com/dilbert

Tell your friends to play The Dilbert Trivia Game, and see
whose score is higher! The sign-up address is
[email protected]. Like, wow.

For info about other free Yoyodyne games you could be
playing, send e-mail to [email protected] or, even better, visit
our Web site at http://www.yoyo.com. And don't forget about
our free weekly newsletter. E-mail [email protected] to sign up.

---
Yoyodyne Entertainment
"Where the future begins...tomorrow."
[email protected], http://www.yoyo.com

Copyright, United Features Syndicate, Inc. 1997