Re: Hettinga's e$yllogism

The difference is that there are no borders on the internet.  I can't move
a physical storefront, nor an account at a local bank, but my virtual
website and e-receipts can be 12 timezones and one hemisphere distant in a
few minutes.  Or even spread across 12 timezones and two hemispheres :).

Just starting with strong crypto in the sense of things like PGP, add
anonymous broadcast and M of N secret splitting and if the mind recovers
from the mathematical boggle, the societal implications will be there to
ponder.  If money or ownership of property is data, it will be
uncontrollable in a few years, if that.