Re: Microsoft will NOT ship browser with RSACi on by default

At 5:15 am -0400 on 7/17/97, Peter D. Junger wrote:

> Corporations are just parts of the government that got away.  I have
> never understood why some, though far from all, libertarians bother
> to distinguish them from the other organs of the state.

There is considerable logic to this, viz:

1. Corporations would not exist without government charter. Consequently
they have to do what governments want them to do. Being incorporated in a
number of jurisdictions helps with this, of course.

2. There are partnership options which get the same level of limited
liability, we talked about them here two or three years ago...

3. If governments dissapeared tomorrow (heh...), then business would still
happen, and large businesses would still exist given the economics of scale
inherent in our still-moderately industrial society.

Geodesic internet commerce will probably involve 'swarms' of small business
entities operating in cash-settled auction markets for goods and services,
and so the need for the integrative function corporations provide for
resources and information will eventually dissolve...

Cheers,
Bob Hettinga

Robert Hettinga ([email protected]), Philodox
e$, 44 Farquhar Street, Boston, MA 02131 USA
The e$ Home Page: http://www.shipwright.com/