No Subject

On Wed, 16 Jul 1997 [email protected] wrote:

> What ever happened to "de minimus non curat lex."  The social damage from a
> misrated website is too trivial to be believed.  Punishing it is like
> executing you for farting.

  In some cases that may not be a bad idea :). But getting back to the
original point, if I'm going to be subject to jail for mislabeling my
pages (and how do you tell, given that some systems use a numeric rating?
count the nipples and add the size of any erections?) then that would
seem to be a good reason to move my Web site out of America.
  Idependent rating systems are a good thing, and we've talked about them
here many times in the past (e.g. 'repuation markets'). A mandatory
requirement for web authors to rate their own pages is a hideous idea
which will simply move more of the Web overseas, helping to destroy the US
economy.

WebMonger