All the lonely sheeple...

>On Wed, Jul 23, 1997 at 08:47:18AM -0400, William H. Geiger III wrote:
>In <[email protected]>, on 07/23/97
>   at 01:09 AM, Kent Crispin <[email protected]> said:
>
>>Yes, Tim talks a brave talk.  But, though the parameters of his  slavery
>>are different than most of ours, he is part of the flock,  nonetheless.
>
>Well Kent I think that there are distinct differences between someone like
>Tim who dislikes his slavery and is actively working to remove his bonds
>and others like yourself who not only like the "security" of being
>inslaved but wish more chains to be put on us all.
>
>Tim may be part of the "flock" but only because their is a gun to his head
>while youself would be a sheeple even if the slavemasters were gone.

It's a sad commentary on human nature that so many people need an
enemy they can despise, isn't it?

You and Tim and the rest of the narrow minded bigots that fancies
themselves as the "cryptoanarchy elite" -- you go on and on: "Yes, those
goddamn SHEEPLE, those braindead subhuman parasites of true humanity,
that suck the blood of right-thinking productive individuals.  Yes,
the SHEEPLE, that mass of unthinking blind vermin that might as well
be removed from the face of the earth.  They aren't HUMAN.  We're sure
glad we're not like them! Where's that nuclear disinfectant when you
need it?".  All the time congratulating yourselves on your
independence of mind, how you've managed to free yourselves from the
"rat race choir"...

Welcome to the cryptoanarchy choir!

I was pointing out that fundamentally, Tim's example of the "corporate
types" is vacuous and hypocritical -- he modulates his self-expression
just as much as they do -- but hell, we *all* modulate our
self-expression to preserve our livelihood, at some level or another
-- even Tim McVeigh lets his lawyer do his talking...

As far as Tim (or you) knows every single one of those "corporate
types" dislikes their slavery just as much as he does, and is working
just as hard as he is to remove their bonds.  Everybody works within
their constraints.

Tim says in another message that apparently I am dissing him as a
hypocrite because he isn't out blowing up buildings.  No.  He's a
hypocrite because he roars criticism at the sheeple without applying
those same standards to himself.  It's more than the lazy habit of
scapegoating -- it's an active and contemptible use of we-vs-them
demagoguery.

I honor and respect integrity, William.  Even more, I honor and
respect those who keep their strongest criticisms for themselves.  To
paraphrase Nietzsche, in this regard the self-defined "cryptoanarchy
elite" are "not even shallow".

--
Kent Crispin				"No reason to get excited",
[email protected]			the thief he kindly spoke...