Re: Declan Does Boylove

On Tue, 29 Jul 1997, Mike Duvos wrote:

> Declan writes:
>
> [snip]
>
> Very nice article.
>
> >    "They shouldn't be doing these things with the children's pictures,"
> >     Cox says.
>
> Cough.  One wonders why these nuts spend so much of their time worrying
> about what they imagine others to be aroused by, and why they embrace the
> doctrine of "vicarious long-distance molestation" whenever they think an
> otherwise ordinary photograph has been the victim of some random
> stranger's impure thoughts.

Don't you know that taking someones picture captures a part of their soul
and that if you concentrate hard enough you can actually cause them harm?

It is because these people are superstitious.  They believe in magic.
They believe that thoughts and actions are equivelent and should be
punished as such.  They also get a vicarious thril out of being able to
"stop Evil" and "punish the Wrong-Doers".  (It is the same set of thrills
that make people become congress-critters.)  It is a way of making
themselves feel worthwhile and an upholder of virtue.  When you examine
the actions and motives of "moralists" and other sorts of do-gooders, you
find that in most cases, they are pretty disfunctional beings in real
life.

> Such nonsense is central to the doctrine of radical feminists like Andrea
> Dworkin, of the "Playboy is rape" mentality.  I've never had a clue as to
> why such individuals aren't laughed out of the auditorium immediately.

Because sometimes people want to think of themselves as being a victim.
Andrea and the rest of the Dwarks are feeding them a line that they want
to believe.  It is so much easier to deal with your problems when you are
told that they are caused by someone else.  That it is the "patriarchal
society" that is keeping them down.  That those "nasty men" are the cause
of their problems.  (What is really distressing about the Dwarkin variety
of feminist is that they reduce the options for women.  They replace a
percieved patriarchy with a matriarchy that is even more controlling and
strict.)

Most of the audiences at a Dwarkin speach are "true believers" already.
What bothers me more is when the media actually takes these people
seriously and not as the sexually screwed up people they are.

If you want to see how far gone these people are, I suggest going to a
Dwarkin speech.  The women are pretty frightening, but the men who show up
are even more far gone.  (It works better if you are picketing the speech.
You get all the loons!  (I have some interesting stories about the two
held in Portland.))

> Anyone want to wager whether http://netlynews.com/ is the newest addition
> to the other 82k of URLs on Paladino's now-famous "Sewer Site"? :)

The "Sewer Site" sounds like something to add to all of those "where
to find good porn sites" links pages.  I wonder how many people go there
looking for good porn?

[email protected] | Note to AOL users: for a quick shortcut to reply
Alan Olsen            | to my mail, just hit the ctrl, alt and del keys.