No Subject

someone wrote:
>>A. It's unsolicited spam.
Not a big deal.
>>B. The way they gathered the list of addresses is questionable,
>>    and likely off Jim's HD.

Its pretty straightforward for interested perties to get a list of everyone
on a mojordomo mailinglist even if the who command is disabled as long as
we have our old friend sendmail and his trusty sidekick expn.

nc toad.com 25

220 toad.com ESMTP Sendmail 8.7.5/8.7.3;
 Tue, 29 Jul 1997 12:59:12 -0700 (PDT)
expn cypherpunks
250-<"|/u/majordom/bin/wrapper resend -p bulk  -l cypherpunks -f
owner-cypherpunks-unedited -h toad.com -s
cypherpunks-unedited-outgoing"@toad.com>
250 </gnu/mail/[email protected]>
expn cypherpunks-unedited-outgoing
250-<[email protected]>
250-<[email protected]>
250-<[email protected]>
250-<[email protected]>
250-<[email protected]>
250-<[email protected]>
250-<[email protected]>
250-<[email protected]>
250-<[email protected]>

------ more addresses cut ----------

I have xed out the names but you get the picture. no need to go through the
effort of watching a list for posts or searching through someone's old mail.

If you have any complaints email:

expn owner-cypherpunks-unedited
250 Cypherpunks Admin <[email protected]>