Re: FBI calls for mandatory key escrow; Denning on export ctrls (fwd)

Tim May wrote:

>A much stronger basis for stopping the Freeh nonsense is to strongly assert
>the First Amendment.  Dictating the form that speech must take--escrow--is
>unconstitutional.

One would think that Freeh, Denning, et al, would know these things
already.  Or that one of their legal advisors would remind them of it.

I also noticed in the news on TV tonight that there are Clinton &
Supporters, Inc. proposals being prepared for ensuring that stores actually
do require purchasers of cigarrettes to display an ID, so that minors are
prevented from smoking.   This is also contrary to the principles of being
left alone, but who among our protectors is watching over the boundary
lines, fighting back the infidels?

Who cares about the Constitution any more?