Re: Terrorism is a NON-THREAT (fwd)

Forwarded message:

> Date: Fri, 31 Oct 1997 14:06:00 +0000
> From: Tim Griffiths <[email protected]>
> Subject: Re: Terrorism is a NON-THREAT (fwd)

>  But the bit I'm trying to get at. Doesn't the idea of what those rights
>  are change from social group to social group?

Do they? My thesis is that people are people and the basic things that make
them satisfied and productive are the same: life, liberty, and the pursuit of
happiness.

Prove that people over time change their base behaviour or that that base
behaviour is fundamentaly linked to the societial more's that they are
exposed to. Note, that there is a distinct difference between these base
behaviours and how they express them.

> Furthermore, doesn't having
>  a irrefutable set of laws place a fundamental (ist) limit on a
>  democracy that exists under them?

Who, other than you, has said that there was a such thing as irrefutable
laws? Laws or not rights, if your assertion is this please be so kind as to
demonstrate that as well. Demonstrate that such a concept as irrefutable
laws has an existance as anything other than idle mental mechanations.

> Is it possible to have a true
>  democracy without the assumption of a 'higher authority'?

Where in a democracy is there the assumption there is a higher authority
than the governed?

   |    The financial policy of the welfare state requires that there   |
   |    be no way for the owners of wealth to protect themselves.       |
   |                                       -Alan Greenspan-             |
   |                                                 [email protected]     |