Re: Why Jodi Hoffman.....makes more sense than you think.

At 09:23 AM 11/5/97 -0500, Jodi Hoffman wrote:
>From: Lizard <[email protected]>:
>>
>>So, allying yourself with people who would gladly force *your* childen to
pray to *their* God doesn't bother you in the least. Fascinating.
>===========
>Interesting that you should mention this.  I, like many other Jews, have
>finally noticed something about Christians....
>Seems they're actually _more_ Jewish than Jews.  At least they
>(Christians) try to follow the Ten Commandments,

But they've got the Sabbath on the wrong day. :)
And they certainly worship power more than they worship God, which is a
violation of #1.

 which is a hell of a
>lot more than I can say for most every Jew I've ever known.  Most
>Jews, other than Orthodox, self-identify as atheists and don't even know
>how to conduct a Passover service!

You follow the step-by-step instructions in the little blue Maxwell House
book with all the Hebrew words transliterarted into english syllables. Duh!

 Unless you're Orthodox, being Jewish
>is a joke.  IMHO, claiming to be a Reform or Conservative Jew is the
>same as being "kind of" pregnant.

So, you're saying my formerly Greek Orthodox friend who converted to
Judaism (and who I call up when I need to remember what holiday is what
'cause she knows this stuff better than me) and goes to the only synagogue
in New York with a lesbian Rabbi isn't a good Jew? Or, for that matter, my
entire family? (Concervative Jews, except for my Uncle who got 'born again'
and is now a minister in Virginia or something. But he produced ample
grandchildren, so he was forgiven.)

>(bracing for fresh onslaught of anti-Semetic spears to be chucked)

Given the dominant number of Red Sea Pedestrians on this list, I doubt most
of the comments can be classed as anti-semetic. Anti-Jodi, perhaps -- but
unlike the Jews, you've earned every barb tossed at you.