Re: C2net bashers... well let's hear it

> Paul Bradley <[email protected]> writes:
> > Yes, those on the list a few months ago [...] will remember
> > censorous arab Sameer Parekh for sending abusive mail threatening
> > legal action to those who criticised the security of his companies
> > "stronghold" firewall,
>
> Stronghold is a web-server, not a firewall.

My mistake, memory fails under the influence of alcohol.

> > which I among others suspect to contain govt. backdoors,
>
> Would you or Dimitri care to be more specific?

Not really, This was just flamebait, I have no strong opinion one way or
the other about stronghold, and have never looked at the product.

> (Yes we know about the legal threats Dimitri received, personally I
> consider this is a mistake on C2Net's part).

This is the sole reason I have a low opinion of C2Net, hardly a reason to
suspect their products are insecure you might say, but certainly a valid
reason to treat their products with caution, as it shows a censorous
trait in the company.

        Datacomms Technologies data security
       Paul Bradley, [email protected]
  [email protected], [email protected]