Too many "Internet Conferences" in Washington

At 11:08 AM -0800 1/7/98, Declan McCullagh wrote:
>[This is the conference Tim was criticizing yesterday. --Declan]

Just to be more accurate, I was criticising the _sheer frequency_ of such
conferences, with this one just being one of many. And not even the latest
such example, as yet another Washington conference on the Internet was
announced later yesterday.

I just can't understand who attends these things, besides the Usual Suspects.

Maybe we could convince them to all have their confabs on the same day, the
same day Abu Nidal explodes his nuke in Crystal City?

(Or invite the Algerians in for a Hackers Conference? Get medeival on their
asses.)

--Tim May