Re: Driver Licenses and agreeing to something

At 02:20 PM 2/9/98 -0600, you wrote:

>How exactly can they require for the DL to be magnetized if only a few
>states do that? My NE license is just a piece of photographed paper
>encased in plastic. The only thing that "protects" it from forgery is a
>"Don't Drink and drive" and "buckle up Nebraska" silvery warnings that can
>be seen under certain angles. I don't see them changing it anytime
>soon...thank gods for slow ppl ;) So...seems like there can and will be a
>lawsuit against such practices.
>
>Reality leaves a lot to the imagination.

  this can work two ways... especially if the people you're trying
to work are not paying attention

  a friend of mine recently had his state license renewed.  i think
they have the procedure for doing fingerprints down pretty much so they
are inescapable if you want a new D/L, buuut...

  one of the things they make you sign at the bottom of the form is
an agreement that starts out "I agree to...".  my friend ran the form
through a scanner, changed "agree" to "disagree" and printed out his
own version of the form.  he handed it in and naturally the pencil-
pushers never gave it a second glance

-landon