Re: New Article On Web Drug Info Ban By Dana Larsen

[email protected] wrote:

> On 9 Jan 2000 00:04:02 -0600, Lizard <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> The ultimate problem here is that the masses perfer comfortable slavery
> under a not-too-evil dictatorship than true freedom. And of course, they're
> happy to take away all the rights of "other people".  I don't think there's
> anything that can be done to fix that (other than mass extinction).

I highly recommend an old book by Eric Fromm called "Escape from
Freedom".

This wonderful little book (long out of print) describes the mass
psychology
behind the sheeples need for security.  Their natural tendency to hand
control
of their lives over to "authority".

It is probably the core argument why any republic needs "rebooting"
every
hundred years or so (Jefferson thought every 20 years -- hehe).

"A REPUBLIC, madam, if you can keep it."
Ben Franklin