Re: Files and mail

Dear Mr. Horwath,

A written reply will suffice.
You have my permission to make all of my files world readable.
You can put them in the ftp site.

Upon receipt of notice, they will be removed within 24 hours,
and you will recieve a signed PGP statement with the new key,
stating that the files have been removed. Other Winternet users have
already gone to my defense, and copied all of the world readable
material anyway. And the whole account might as well be, too.

Please do not forward any mail here. You will better serve yourself
bouncing the letter back to the sender and informing them of my new
address. If I find forwarded mail in my mailbox, I will print hard
copies and visit the Attorney General's Office and file a complaint
under the Stalking laws of the State of Minnesota.

And please...deactivate my WWW pages. I was astounded to find out
that during the suspension, they continued to remain active, as I
learned in the office Wednesday. That was (and still is) stealing my
net.web.goodwill, and creating a falsehood amongst other users.

My WWW Pages have found a nice, new, warm sunny home in Austin, Texas.

I spent six full hours making a personal appearance, at great
personal expense, to the Winternet Office to resolve the situation.

My original reply still sits in suspended composition in my mailer. I
wasted not a nano-second in preparing my reply to the posting. In legal
point of fact, the poster is violation of Minnesota State Law. He has
no legal jurisdiction whatsoever.

I did not take days to "investigate", nor cite that other things such as
"my machines being hacked" and "I'll do it when I'm ready to do it,".

I was a simple complaint. It had no validity. Crossposting an article to
.1% of the Usenet News Groups does not by the very statistic constitute
spam. (And I own two shares of Hormel Corp, so I do know what SPAM (tm) is.

As was pointed out in alt.current-affairs.net-abuse
The complainer didn't fully read said article. It was timely.(and still is)
The crossposting wasn't wasting resources.
It is of no one's concern the actual groups posted.
They have the right and ability to respond.
I asked for no money. I did not stand to profit by the posting.
The person who started the whole thing was pretty heavily chastised,
by the readers of his own news group.

A fast "K" was all that any individual needed for this article.

No, Mr. Horwath, you are "way out-of-bounds" this time.
And as the time cronology unveils itself, I am sure that
will be shown to be a very truthful, factual statement.

Dangerous precedents were set here. I will not rest until the
whole of the Internet knows and is aware of the situation.

Signed
Carol Anne Braddock
Friday January 6th, 1995 9:40 A.M.