Netscape whining virus, was Re: Netscape rewards are an insult

On Tue, 17 Oct 1995, sameer wrote:

> > I am not quite sure what problem you are talking about? NFS and MITM
> > ftp attacks?
>
> 	This character has been going on and oon regarding some big
> hole he apparently found in netscape, but no one else on the list
I guess he/it must be some existentially frustrated Java virus.
(apologies in advance, couldn't resist)

(my little contribution: People download binaries off the net all the time.
Code gets infected and infects PCs. Big deal. Infected PC's on networks can
infect the rest of that network and call in even more infectious code from
across the net. So what? I'm sorry, is this a new concept here?
It doesn't take netscape/java to do this. It's been possible to do this
in C for the longest time. Just takes a little more effort.)

These opinions are not even my own. Blame them on my non-algorithmic OTP and
its good friend Mr. Line Noise.