Hacking commercial systems.

Hi,

	A number of people have been proposing hacks on commercial payment
systems. Could I point out that this is not necessarily a good idea? One vendor
I spoke to has a contract clause with sublicensees which requires a legal
response in such situations. His opinion was that attempting such a crack on a
"live" system consitituted conspiracy to commit fraud and organisation of the
same could involve RICO penalties.

	It would seem prudent to approach such projects with a little caution.
If a request were made for a sample of material to work on most companies would
oblige and a refusal would provide protection against legal tactics. Most
sensible companies would see the advantage of offering a reward.

		Phill