William Torbitt (pseudonym)

At 12:53 AM 9/22/96, Dale Thorn wrote:

>A few years ago, William Torbitt (pseudonym) wrote in part: "Penal codes
>have had two historic purposes - to deter crime and reform the offender.
>.....However, when the head of the National Police agency joins with a
>handful of other govt. leaders, and they both in turn throw in with
>organized crime to murder the president, and the people have an uneasy
>feeling that something of this nature has taken place, it is only
>natural that crime and violence increase, and the basic deterrent to
>crime has broken down." (quote approximate)

Presumably the same William Torbitt (psuedonym) who wrote the
Samizdat-distributed "Nomenclature of an Assassination Cabal."

(One of the best treatments of the various swirling connections surrounding
the JFK assassination and related CIA-Mob-Giancana-Hughes-Castro-etc.
connections.)

That Torbitt was a pseudonym has some connection to the themes of our list.
It is believed by many--and it sounds plausible to me--that the actual
author was a knowledgeable Texas attorney who had gained much familiarity
with the facts of the case and, circa 1966-68, wrote his extended pamphlet
"The Nomenclature of an Assassination Cabal." Fearing likely sanctions,
both professional and personal, he chose not to use his real name, and
pamphlet circulated informally, without a formal publisher.

(It is not written in a wacko-style, so I don't dismiss it as the ravings
of a loon.)

I haven't checked to see if its on the Web.

--Tim May

Higher Power: 2^1,257,787-1 | black markets, collapse of governments.