Re: We removed radikal 154 from xs4all :(

At 9:22 PM 9/23/96, [email protected] wrote:
>> Unfortunately, this means that Germany wins.
>
>        How does this mean that Germany wins? "radikal 154" is still
>available all over the world, at almost 50 mirror sites, I beleive
>(including http://www.c2.net/radikal/), which are *not* blocked by
>Germany.

Germany went after the most visible site, the _original_ site. That other
sites were mirroring the verboten material did not stop them from blocking
access to xs4all, so Germany clearly still wanted to make an example of
xs4all.

That xs4all eventually capitulated has to be seen as a win for Germany.

(Certainly within the government of Germany, they must be viewing this as a
victory.)

They will probably now turn their sights on other sites (no pun intended),
hoping to pick off each one in turn.

I guess it's the domino theory all over again.

--Tim May

Higher Power: 2^1,257,787-1 | black markets, collapse of governments.