Re: AP [was: Re: Kiddie porn on the Internet] [NOISE]

At 05:48 PM 9/23/96 -0400, [email protected] wrote:

>So Jim Bell is opposed to "truly random attacks on ordinary citizens"
>Its this type ofappoligia for terrorism that disgusts me utterly.
>He is calling for murder but wants to dress it up in whatever psychotic
>justifications he can.
>He is also completely wrong. When the IRA attemoted to assasinate my cousin
>I was in no way intimidated and neither was he. He continued as a senior
>poitician for over a decade despite continued danger. I can think of no
>less effective method of bringing about change in attitudes.

And he, along with others, failed to solve the problems as well.  Is this progress?

>I am in no way intimidated by Bell either. He is a kook and I don;t think it
>he is worth further consideration.
>	Phill

For the record, if an AP-type system were to operate it would:

1.  Make it impossible for the British to continue to station troops in
Northern Ireland, an eventuality that I suppose Phill resists.

However, it would also:

2.  Make it impossible and unnecessary for the British to have any troops
anywhere, because it would eliminate  its government and military.  It would
no longer be a country, merely an island with people living there.

3.  Make it unnecessary in Northern Ireland to protect the Catholics from
the Protestants, or the Protestants from the Catholics,  because the
trouble-makers from both (all?) sides would be quickly erased from the
scene.  Nobody would rule anybody. Nobody COULD rule anybody.  All factions
would either be peaceful or dead, their choice.  No political advantage could be
gained by violence, because all politics would have ceased.

4.  Make it unnecessary and pointless for Northern Ireland to re-unify with
Ireland, because likewise the government and military of Ireland would
dissolve, as well as all political structure in that land as well.

In short, the only reasons that the current problems are maintained in
Northern Ireland and Britain would be eliminated by the advent of AP.

So who is the "kook," really?

Jim Bell
[email protected]