Re: Y2K clearance sale

On Sun, Jan 09, 2000 at 02:54:41AM -0000, Anonymous wrote:
> OK, how many are left once all cypherpunks that did anything
> to "prepare for Y2K" are written off as cretins with miserable
> cognitive abilities, zero perception and inability to correctly
> extrapolate more than 5 seconds into the future ?
>
> I think that this was a good test. And many failed. I will certainly
> not take seriously anything from someone I know was "preparing for
> Y2K" *.

Heh.  And I, unfortunately, will not have a chance to not ever take
you seriously, due to remailer tech working.

You may, some day, learn about *chances*.  These are something that
one use when estimating things where one does not have perfect
information.

I estimated it as less than 5% chance of societal collapse, and ~80%
chance at passing with minimal problems (like it did) - does this make
me a "cretins with miserable cognitive abilities, zero perception and
inability to correctly extrapolate more than 5 seconds into the
future" ?

Eivind.